Friday, September 28, 2007

weekend plans


My order from Sew, Mama, Sew was in my mailbox yesterday! It was so lovely to open - all the fabric folded so beautifully and tied up so nicely. I meant to take a picture of it before I ripped into it, but I was too impatient. And among other yardage (oh, yes - there was much more than this - maybe I'll show some of that later...), I got some bits and pieces of these Halloween fabrics. Then I stopped by the local quilt shop today and picked up the polka dots and now I think I'm ready to whip up something festive!

I realized I haven't really been sharing anything I've been making lately (lots of fabric, but no wips or finished project). I certainly have been sewing, but it's mostly been purses, which is something you've all seen before. But, I am officially declaring the next few days purse free, so it's time to figure out the costumes (Ryan is still not 100% on board with Peter Pan family costumes, so I'm thinking about plan B), time to do some fall clothing sewing, and time to get some aprons back in the shop.

5 comments:

Windybrook Spinner said...

What adorable Halloween fabrics! You'll have a ton of fun with them, I am sure. Good luck with the Halloween costumes. I'm terrible at costumes.

Beth said...

What great fabrics! I can't wait to see what you make. I'm throwing together a Halloween blanket for Jaxon this weekend, but with fabrics I picked up at JoAnn -- so not nearly as cute!

Camille said...

I got my package this weekend and just had to thank you! Love love love it all! You are fantastic! Thanks so much!

Heidijayhawk said...

i heart all of the fabrics!! so cool. can't wait to see what you make!

Phoebe said...

My dream is to do Peter Pan as a family, but Henry is the one who keeps backing out on me!
Can't wait to see what you make with the fabrics and what your Plan B costumes are.