Tuesday, January 22, 2008

of hooks and plans


I crocheted for the first time again in a really long time on Sunday night. Just me, my hook, and the Jane Austen Masterpiece Theater Series on PBS - it was lovely. I'm making another one of these. This one is for my Mom and is her Mother's Day present. No, I am not that on the ball - this is her Mother's Day present from last year. Luckily, I have a patient and understanding mother who has no problem with this at all. In fact, maybe I'll have it done for her birthday in two weeks. It could be very likely, as there are two more of the Jane Austen shows before then. We'll see.

Speaking of birthdays, I'm putting the finishing touches on my plans for a great birthday weekend. The beauty of having a birthday on Sunday is that the celebration easily lasts all weekend and sometime into the next week. I've got definite plans starting on Friday morning with a massage appointment. I can't wait!

7 comments:

Lola and Ava said...

We watched Northanger Abbey last night and loved it. I tried to fill in the gaps with Persuasion for my daughter earlier in the evening but have never read NA . . . had to run out and buy the book today.

Something tells me you will be finished well before the next show!

Christina J. said...

That's very pretty!

A massage is a great way to start out your weekend!

Sarah and Jack said...

So did you like Northanger Abbey? I loved Persuasion, but Abbey? Not so much.

Emily said...

I actually got DH to watch Northanger Abbey with me. He said he liked it because it wasn't like a "normal" Jane Austen movie. Hope you have a great Birthday weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love the color of my new bag ... your b-day present is still in the works ... it's about half done ... and I'm kind of afraid of sending it in the post ... so you won't be getting it on your b-day ... but I have sent something else on the way... happy b-day sweetheart ...

Pieces said...

I love the colors in the bag.

Happy Birthday weekend!

Angela S said...

Is it your birthday? I"m guessing so from the massage. Anyway enjoy it and remember massages qualify for flex spending reimbursement so get a recipt!