On Friday morning I saw this bag (kragh rosenberg bea bag) online and fell in love. Since it was a little (OK, a lot) out of my price range, I decided I could try to make one. So, I thought it about it a lot in the morning and we hit a thrift store midday and found a great pillowcase (for $1) to use for it. Baby N was a good little boy and took a long afternoon nap, so while P watched a little PBS, I drew my pattern and cut it out. After the boys were in bed, I went straight to the sewing machine and stayed up quite late to get this finished. Here's how it turned out:
The shape is a little more bell-like than the original, but I like that mine is notably different but with similar design elements. I think I will try again to get a more similar shape to the original, but with a smaller bag. This one is quite large - good for a mom like me who is always carrying snacks, diapers, wipes, drinks, etc. The best part is the custom inside pockets. I think this is going to be a definite shop item - look for some in a few weeks.
I did finish stripping the paint on the dresser this weekend, so now all I have to do is prime and paint and then I can get back to my sewing! Hooray!