Thursday, June 21, 2007

Trial and Error

Remember the wonky little embroidered bird on the bias tape last week? Were you curious what I was creating with that bias tape? Probably not, but I'll let you in on it anyway. I was working on a diaper and wipes wallet - the sort of thing that could turn any bag into a diaper bag.
As you can see, I've been through a few different versions in the last week and a half.

I finally came up with something I'm fairly happy with, but I still need to tweek it a bit (mostly the closure - how to make it a little more adjustable so it is not too loose when the wallet isn't full), so these two will be in the shop at a reduced price and hopefully I will come up with something I am totally happy with soon. Even though I've been working on this for a week and a half and am still not exactly where I want to be with it, the process has been enjoyable. I haven't done much pattern design until lately. I like it because I can make things exactly how I want to, but sometimes it takes a while to figure out exactly what it is that I want.

5 comments:

Christina J. said...

That's a nice idea. I would have liked something like that when N. was in diapers.

Karyn said...

Great idea! I love your creative use of bias tape!!!!

Phoebe said...

Maybe add a second button so you can have tighter option and a looser option.
they are very cute.
I also love the Diapees and Wipees diaper holder. It's been great for my purse.

kelly said...

i've been working on this same thing this past week! great minds must think alike!

Darcy said...

Great idea! I no longer carry a diaper bag for my little one as I no longer need to tote around a bunch of baby stuff now. A couple of diapers and wipes are all I need to make sure I have when I leave the house.